Welcome to the Brighton Therapy Centre
Address: 23A New Road, Brighton. East Sussex. BN1 1UG
Landline: 01273 626444 Mobile Number: 07910 032 333
Charity Number 1150032
Brighton Therapy Centre is a local registered charity in the heart of Brighton, that provides a wide range of high quality counseling, therapy, psychological services, courses and workshops. We believe that all sections of the community should have access to the right kind of treatment and provide our services inclusively, fairly and equally. Our service aims to provide this and to be a centre of clinical excellence. In order for each individual to make an informed choice for themselves, we ask all our clients to attend an initial consultation session with an experienced practitioner. These sessions are subject to £10 booking fee between 8am to 4pm, and £40 from 5pm onward. Terms and Conditions apply.
We offer evidence based effective therapy styles recommended in the Department of Health’s N.I.C.E. Guidelines.
Our charity status is in recognition of our work making therapy more widely available. We operate a sliding scale of fees starting from £15-26 per session with an experienced trainee practitioner going up to £45-65 with experienced practitioners. For more information, have a look at the costs explained here, also don’t hesitate to contact us if you wish to know more.
If you would like to talk to a qualified counsellor or psychotherapist about the kind of treatment that would be best for you, please let us know. Whether you are experiencing mild, moderate or severe emotional difficulties, we can advise and support you to find the most appropriate therapy. If we can’t offer what’s best for you then we can recommend other alternatives through our extensive local network of BTC approved practitioners. If you have an idea of exactly what you are looking for, just give us ring or email us and we will get you started.
Our therapists and counsellors are LGBT friendly.
We have a range of skilled and experienced counsellors, psychologists and psychotherapists who offer a variety of group and individual treatments:
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Course (MBCT) – Next course starts 5th April 2017.
- Counselling – full and low cost now available.
- The Mood Course -8 week course to overcome depression and mood swings – full and low cost available.
- Art Therapy – full and low cost available
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy – full and low cost. Individual and Group Sessions
- Integrative Child Psychotherapy – integrative Child Psychotherapy, drama therapy
- Couples and Family Therapy
- Group Psychotherapy – full and low cost
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – for anxiety and depressive problems.
- Mentalisation Based Therapy – helps those with personality disorder to cope better with relationships
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) – DBT programme of individual and group sessions.
- Eye Movement Desensitising and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) – effective treatment for trauma
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Schema Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Drama Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Employee Assistance