Sometimes we are troubled, and know we have problems but are very uncertain as to what exactly they are, or how we can be helped. Sometimes the range of therapies seems so vast it is really difficult to decide what you want.
- Do you go for a cognitive approach where you are learning the skills that you need to cope with your emotions and thoughts and behaviours?
- Do you go for an analytic approach which is not structured in any way, and in which you may go more deeply into the roots of the problems?
- Do you go for an art based approach where talking is not the primary vehicle of communication?
- Do you go for Group Analysis where you can work in more depth on recurring negative patterns in your relationships.
- Would a course in mindfulness or managing mood be more helpful than an unstructured psychotherapy group?
Talking through the issues with an experienced and qualified therapist in a one off initial consultation session will help clarify your needs and lead to more informed choices.
How much does it cost?
Initial consultations last for fifty minutes and are currently only subject to an administrative fee of £10 upon booking between 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
We also offer evening assessments. These are subject to availability and cost £40 payable upon booking. See our terms and conditions below for more information.
Please note that this only applies for general assessments for individual therapy. If you want to see a specific therapist for couple’s counselling, family counselling or child therapy (for which YOU DO NOT NEED AN INITIAL CONSULTATION FOR) or want to be assessed to join one of the therapeutic groups, the therapist’s standard charge will apply.
How do I book an initial meeting ?
Contact us by email at email@example.com or call us on 01273 626444.
Initial Consultation Terms of Service
Prior to any treatment at the Brighton Therapy Centre, we ask our client to book an initial consultation with an experienced practitioner. The appointment takes up to 50 minutes and serves as an assessment of your current situation and needs. The waiting time is normally up to two weeks.
After your initial consultation, we aim to contact you within two weeks to inform you of our recommendations for treatment and an offer of therapy or counselling when appropriate.
Cost of appointment
Appointment Start Time Fee
- 8am – 4pm: Monday – Friday £10 fee
- 5pm onwards: Monday – Friday £40 fee
- The admin fee can be paid on the phone as you book, or on-line – we will send you an email with details
- Payments can be made with a debit card, BACS transfer or cheque. We accept:
- We will expect payment within 24 hours of booking.
- Unpaid appointments will be cancelled and offered to other clients.
- For next day bookings, payment on the phone at time of booking is required.
- You can reschedule your appointment with more than 24hours notice FREE of charge.
- If you miss your appointment and wish to re-book, or request to reschedule with less than 24hours notice, we will charge the full cost of the assessment in advance (£40 regardless of the time of the day for a second appointment).
- The admin fee is non-refundable and will be retained even if you cancel.